ExceptionReporter is a .NET component that shows a dialog with detailed information on an Exception and the application/system running it. It allows the application user to copy, save and/or email a textual report of the incident.
ExceptionReporter Demo App
Most things can be configured: whether buttons have images, what text appears in the labels, font-sizes/colors, which tabs are shown etc
There are no images on the buttons, the window title is customised and an extra Tab (Contact
) is visible
- Added Less/More detail button - toggles between showing just the exception message or the dialog as normal (for users who get confused with too much information)
- Support for multiple exceptions (ie a list of exceptions)
- A custom message can override the main message (ie Exception.Message)
- Screenshot saved as jpeg format (rather than .bmp) to reduce file size
- Attach any files to the optional email message (just add to the FilesToAttach array with the full path & those files will be automatically attached to the outgoing email (MAPI or SMTP)
A WPF/XAML version of ExceptionReporter is in progress. Please feel free to download the source and contribute (eg submit a patch)
Special thanks to CALUMO
for contributing developer time to this project.