This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

What about VB.NET?

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM
Edited Jun 2, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Hi!

Great work, I love this Exception Reporter. But I'm having trouble using it under VB.NET (.NET Framework 3.5). It works perfectly under C# (.NET 2.0 and 3.5), and even under VB.NET (2.0). But most of my projects, where I could use your component are .NET 3.5 and VB.

So, normally .NET is .NET and different langages are no problem. But inside the Exception Reporter there must be something that gets VB.NET into trouble.

Have you got any idea, what this is? Is there a workaround for my problem?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot something. When I add the DLL to the references of a VB project, I can no longer compile - without error...

Regards,
tobsen

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Hi Tobsen,

What does the error say?

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Hi!

As you can see here http://rapidshare.com/files/239968676/no_error.jpg there is no error-message...

I have an old "ConsoleApplication12" in my projects folder. When I compile, no error, no problem. Then I put in the reference to the ErrorReporter.dll and compile again (without changing anything in the code). Error without message, see screenshot.

I really have no idea, what could cause this error.

When I do the same with a C# project (2.0 and 3.5), everything works fine. Same with VB.NET 2.0. The only problem is running the DLL under VB.NET 3.5

Hope I could clarify a bit...

Regards,
tobsen

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM

You might have to switch the Target Framework to .NET Framework 3.5 in the properties of the ExceptionReporter.Core project (and any others that target 2.0).