This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Screenshot Capture with Reports

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to float a feature idea for ExceptionReporter.

Do you think it would be useful if ExceptionReporter allowed the user to submit screenshots along with the exception report as the exception occured?

BugTrap has this feature: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/BugTrap.aspx

I thought that was a really cool feature.  What are your thoughts?

-Brian 

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Sorry, I just realized, the latest source code has this feature.

Thanks. =)

Jul 31, 2009 at 11:22 AM

What would be good is of the user could elect to send a screenshot.  Currently, as I understand, the screenshot is either automatic or not.  The screenshot may contain personal information that the user would not wish to share.

Another good feature would be to take screenshots of the application's windows, not other windows. 

Jul 7, 2011 at 5:44 AM
Edited Sep 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM
seankearon wrote: What would be good is of the user could elect to send a screenshot.  Currently, as I understand, the screenshot is either automatic or not.  The screenshot may contain personal information that the user would not wish to share. Yes, this concern applies when you choose to send an email, but even then, really only if you have configured SMTP for email. That is because with MAPI (where it launches your native email program), the screenshot is just 'attached', and a warning about the screenshot having been attached is included in the body of the email, encouraging you to delete it if it contains any private data.